These are acts are widely termed publicity stunts by most critics and music lovers ,the truth or otherwise and the intent of these actions is only known to the artiste that carried it out and God.
1) Skibii Mayana- Five Star Music Act Skibii mayana allegedly collapsed and died as confirmed by the manager. Soso soberokon ,only to supposedly ressurect back and recovering in an hospital in what as been termed the Skibii Death Stunt .The Act received back lash from a Lot of Fans and Music pundits.
2) Adokiye- During The Heat of the Bring back our girls campaign in Nigeria,23 years old pop Singer and Self acclaimed Virgin .adokiye in an interview with the vanguard offered to give her Virginity to the boko Haram members in exchange for the girls. God knows it might have been the juiciest News of the year if Boko haram had accepted the offer and trust Nigerians ,She may eventually have to retract her words.
3) kSolo- After music producer and musician allegedly battered his Wife, kikelomo and pictures of her Swolen face went viral on the net,the Couple appeared on Channels Tv and claimed the whole bruises on her face and gadget destroyed were publicity stunt.
One may wonder why out of all the possible stunts they could carry out,The couple decided to play the battery and Beating of wife stunt to grab people’s attention.
4) Psquare – After the Supposed Brawl between The Okoye Brothers threatened to tear the Square empire apart,their publicist ,Bayo Adetu in an interview with Icon Weekly magazine claimed the whole Issue was just a well thought out publicity stunt.Again ,one wonders why such a stunt should be employed as some fans were already taking sides on which of the brothers to follow if the break up pulled through .
5) Charly Boy- We all know the Area Father for his many stunts and Controversy .However one of is many stunts that cannot go unnoticed is the viral picture of him kissing Denrele Edun.Though They have claimed Photoshop and many other things, it is crystal clear that the Publicity stunt was a Very dangerous one and till date many have labelled the two acts as Gays.