Most people know the traditional uses of lemons such as soothing sore throats, adding citrus flavor to foods, etc. But the diversity of lemons applications exceeds the general knowledge of people. Reading these advantages of lemons would make you stock few lemons all the time in your kitchen.
1 Freshen your Fridge: By removing all refrigerator odors easily by dabbing the lemon juice on sponge or cotton ball. Leave it there in fridge for few hours and also toss out any stinking item in the fridge causing bad smell.
2. Controls High Blood Pressure as lemon have potassium which can control reduce nausea, dizziness, and high blood pressure.
3. Avoid Cauliflower from becoming Brown: by squeezing one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice on cauliflowers just before heating.
4. For Mental Health: Lemon water helps better the mood and also relieves from stress and depression. Many long distance walkers see lemon as Godsend as it relieves from fatigue when sucked through the top through a hole. It is also a quick acting medicine and gives unbelievable refreshments.
5. Revive Cutting Boards: Remove smells of garlic, onions, and fish by rubbing a cut lemon on it.
6. Cure Respiratory Problems: Lemon water has ability to lessen phlegm to help breathe properly and help asthma patients’ sufferings.
7. Treating Rheumatism and Arthritis as lemon is diuretic which assists in urine production that helps reduce inflammation by flushing out the bacteria and toxins to give relief from rheumatism and arthritis.
8. Prevents the Kidney Stones as usual consumption of lemon juice with water increases urinary citrate production- a chemical in urine which prevents formation of crystals which might form kidney stones.
9. Insects Out of Kitchen: Simply give your kitchen a lemon treatment by squirting a little lemon juice on the windowsills and door thresholds. After that, just squeeze some lemon juice in any cracks or holes from where the ants might be getting in. Lastly, spread little lemon peel slices around the outside entrance which will give the ants a message- they are not welcome. Lemons also effectively work against fleas and roaches: just mix 4 lemons’ juice (with its rinds) along with 2 liters of water and then wash the floors with it. Roaches hate this smell.
10. Anti-Aging: The lemon water decreases production of free radicals that create aging skin as well as skin damaging effect as it is an antioxidant and calorie free.
11. Vegetable and Fruit Wash: Just slice a lemon and then squeeze one tablespoon lemon juice in a spray bottle. Lemon juice is natural disinfectant that leaves the vegetables and fruits with nice smelling too.
12. Cure Infections with lemon water by fighting throat infections- as it has antibacterial property. In case, salt water is working for you, just give lime and water a try for gargling.
13. Garbage Deodorizing: If the garbage is smelling bad, then save some leftover lemon peels to toss them at base of the bag. For better smell, repeat it once a fortnight.